A Makerspace is a place where people can explore, experience and create with unique tools and equipment. While makerspaces tend to focus on STEAM related learning - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics– each makerspace is different.
Equipment and Tools Available
- Makerbot Replicator 5th Generation 3D Printer
- Laptops with 3D modeling software
- Tinkercad, Sculptris, Autodesk 123D Design, Blender
- Arduino and Raspberry Pi Starter Kits
- Snap Circuits Jr. kits and Snap Circuits Physics Kits
- LittleBits Kits
- Makey Makey kits
- Roominate Dollhouse Kits
- Singer Sewing Machines
- 2.25 inch button maker
Schedule of Upcoming Workshops
See Calendar of Events for workshop details or call the main desk 201-592-5770.
(This cost structure is subject to change.)
- 3D printing – the cost for printing is currently $.50 per hour of time required for printing. For example, a print that takes 3 hours would cost $1.50.
- Button costs: 25 cents per button.
- Payment in cash or check is accepted. The library does not accept credit or debit cards for payment.
What is 3D Printing?
Submitting a Design for 3D Printing
While you can visit our free use times to print a 3D object, you will also have the chance to submit objects for printing via email. You can either find an object you’d like to print from pre-made designs on websites like www.thingiverse.com or submit objects you designed yourself in programs like Tinkercad or AutoDesk.
Currently 3D Printing costs $.50 per hour of time required for printing.
Example: a print that takes 3 hours would cost $1.50.
Here’s how to submit a 3D print:
- Patrons can submit designs for printing remotely by email to email@example.com.
- Patrons must submit their files in one of the following formats in order for us to print it: .stl, .obj, or .thing. Files cannot be larger than 25MB.
- Files will be printed as we receive requests and when staff is available to print files. Please allow several days for prints to be completed.
- Staff will provide patrons with an estimate of the cost of the print via email. Patrons MUST pay the cost of the print at the time of pickup by cash or check. If payment is not made then items will be withheld.
- Staff will work to make the most successful prints, but items must be accepted as is. Additional prints will not be made until first prints are paid for.
- The files will be readied for printing in MakerWare software. The library will view all files in MakerWare before printing.
- Items can be picked up at the Reference Desk after staff has sent notification that the print is ready.